Rappcats – The Digital Subscription
Every record sold on Rappcats as MP3 & WAV. Periodic discount codes for purchases, giveaways and more.
Subscribe now to begin a one month free trial and receive our latest three releases. After the one month trial ends you will receive each release as they become available for $10/month.
• Various – Loving On The Flipside: Sweet Funk & Beat Heavy Ballads 1969 to 1977 Loving On The Flip Side collects the overlooked ballads from the flip sides of the funk 45s in the Now-Again and Truth and Soul vaults and is presented in the same format that we developed for our Soul Cal anthology. The music contained on Loving On The Flip Side is too damn good to be anonymously relaunched, decades after musical visionaries blended the best of heavy funk and sweet soul into a unified whole. Thus, Loving On The Flip Side again offers the enthused a chance to listen to, read about and reflect on another great burst of black American creativity: the creation of the sublime genre we like to call “sweet funk.”
• Reggie Andrews and The Fellowship – Mystic Beauty 60s jazz holy grail LP out of California – a deep, Latin, Afro/Cuban-influenced, primarily acoustic jazz piece led by renowned pianist Reggie Andrews.”
• Ray Gooliak – Home Away From Home Indiana’s Ray Gooliak issued his sole 1970s album in Hawaii.”
Previous deliveries include:
• The Frank Derrick Total Experience – You Betcha! Drummer Frank Derrick III (born 1950) grew up in Harvey, Illinois in a musical family…his father Frank Derrick Jr. was a professional musician and arranger who played with notables such as Duke Ellington and Earl Hines. Frank Derrick III began playing the drums when he was ten years old and at the age of nineteen he was already playing professionally in the renowned Chicago jazz scene. Frank has led a multifaceted national and international music career. He is a virtuoso performer, composer, and educator. Next to his own recordings he has performed and recorded with numerous legends and artists including Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Eartha Kitt, Roberta Flack, Donna Summer…and countless others.”
• Family Underground – Once In A LifeTime Timeless blend of southern disco and sophisticated r&b, the yet unreleased album borrows as much from the likes of Earth, Wind & Fire and Kool & the Gang as it does the group’s naturally melodic Crescent City surroundings. While the vast majority of tracks are upbeat and energetic, a few slow burners compliment are included as well”
• Jackson Conti – Sujinho Madlib Invazion reissues Madlib’s collaboration with legendary Brazilian drummer Ivan “Mamao” Conti, propellant for lauded jazz fusion archetypes Azymuth. An official 2021 Black Friday Record Day release.”
• Various Artists – Tickets For Doomsday: Heavy Psychedelic Funk, Soul, Ballads & Dirges 1970-1975 Now-Again Records follow up to one of its most well-loved compilations, Forge Your Own Chains, with another batch of rare, largely uncompiled–and sometimes barely heard–heavy psych-rock and funk. Pounding drums, scathing fuzz guitar and morose, contemplative lyrics will bring you up on a downer. Tickets For Doomsday, as the title hints, is and rumination on what might befall the human race – made especially salient by the past year’s trials and tribulations – as performed by prison funk ensembles, Indonesian hippies, Krautrock legends, Icelandic prog-rock bands and even Bay Area rap catalyst E-40’s uncle, the man to rst distribute Master P’s No Limit Records, and the creator of this album’s title track, St. Charles “Chucky” Thurman. A unique and compelling listen, and surely a worthy companion for these times.”
• Embryo – Auf Auf The Krautrock, Global Groove ensemble’s first album on Madlib Invazion.
• Various – Original Raw Soul III The collective that includes the Poets of Rhythm, Whitefield Brothers and Karl Hector & The Malcouns present a series of rare funk, jazz, soul and world-psych singles compiled as an album. Contains two previously unreleased songs by The Transgressors.”
Upon subscribing, you will immediately get the above listed albums. And:
– Each new release sold by Rappcats – on Now-Again, Madlib Invazion, Pay Jay and other like minded labels – delivered digitally to your downloads folder at Rappcats as mp3 & WAV files: at least one album per month. You get each new release on street date and pay $10 / month regardless of whether you’re delivered one album or many.
– Download your albums any time, anywhere.
– Files delivered directly to your Rappcats download cart when they are released, as 320kbps MP3 & lossless WAV files. When applicable, digital booklets will be delivered as PDFs.
– Month-to-month billing – cancel anytime you want, no questions asked.
– Subscriptions accepted from anywhere in the world.
– Periodic discount codes for purchases in the Rappcats store and physical product giveaways to subscribers.
– 50% discount per month afforded to Now-Again Reserve Edition subscribers. Just log in and then subscribe with the same user name and the discount will be automatically applied.
We will also be periodically rolling out our extensive back catalog, issuing previously-unreleased material and delivering discount coupons for physical product in our store – exclusively for our subscribers!
BILLING: $10 / month. Please note we do NOT accept American Express.
CANCEL AT ANY TIME: While your purchase commits you to the first release, you can cancel at any time. Provided you’ve cancelled before the billing date for the subsequent month, you will not be charged for that month.
QUESTIONS: Feel free to ask firstname.lastname@example.org