Now-Again Reserve: a deluxe vinyl subscription.
Custom-made LPs delivered once per quarter, presenting some of the rarest records in their respective genres in highest quality LP format. Each release is produced with the direct participation of the artist.
Subscribe now to begin with the next upcoming release. Catch me up to subscribe and include previous releases.
MORGEN – S/T (1969) Read more about the album here
“Morgen was one of the records that came closest to giving me that same kind of thrill on that level. It blew my mind!” – Paul Major
This is the sole release by the NYC band led by songwriter/vocalist Steve Morgen, an album in the top-ten list of every psychedelic and hard rock enthusiast. Now-Again Reserve’s edition, pairing the album with previously-unreleased songs, alternate takes on 2LPs is the definitive reissue.
A 3rd bonus LP is available to Now-Again Reserve subscribers containing newly mixed instrumentals of key album tracks, done under the supervision of Steve Morgen. Extensive liner notes by Jeff “Chairman” Mao, never-before seen photos and ephemera in an oversized book. Download card for WAV files for all vinyl tracks, as well as bonus tracks. Expected to ship late July 2021.
CATCH ME UP:
• Mark Fry – Dreaming With Alice The definitive reissue of one of rock’s rarest and most sought-after albums – “acid-folk” – equal parts pastoral folk and contemplative psychedelic.
• Music Makers Band – You Can Be Previously unreleased disco-soul-funk album with mixes by Kenny Dope.
• Ray Alexander Technique – Let’s Talk The elusive gemstone of 1970s Harlem soul and funk from the Ray Alexander Technique – officially reissued for the first time with bonus tracks and previously unreleased alternate mixes.
• Richard Marks – Love is Gone: The Lost Sessions 1969-1977 Previously unreleased soul and funk from legendary Atlanta guitarist/singer/songwriter Richard Marks, the companion piece to our Never Satisfied anthology.
• James Reese and the Progressions – Wait For Me: The Complete Works 1967- 1972 Trombonist, bandleader, songwriter, arranger and producer James Reese never issued an album with his Progressions band, only a series of 45s. These are collected here with unreleased material for the first time.
• LAMP Records – It Glowed Like The Sun: The Story of Naptown’s Motown, 1969-1972 The collected soul, funk, gospel and rock releases from Indianapolis’ greatest label.
• Tom Nehls – I Always Catch the Last Second of a Yellow Light A rock concept album, as progressive as it is psychedelic, recorded by a 17 year old Tom Nehls and his high school friends in Minneapolis over a three month period in late 1972.
• Al Manfredi – Blue Gold Al Manfredi is the father of hip-hop producer Exile, and Blue Gold is his little-known West Coast rock masterpiece from 1973.
• Key & Cleary – Love Is The Way Drum-machine soul, funk, disco and boogie from Buffalo, NYC. Rare 7” singles and previously unreleased tracks presented as an album for the first time.
• Paternoster – Die Ersten Tage The OST to Herbert Holba’s 1971 hippie sci-fi film Die ersten Tage (The First Days). Transferred directly from master tapes, never before released in any form.
• Mike Nyoni & Born Free Anthology of Zamrock musician Mike Nyoni’s 1970s recordings, with bonus LP.
• Hunger 2/LP. Late ‘60s West Coast psych–rock, including the user-rare test press version of this sought after album.
• Michael Cosmic & Phill Musra Group – 3/LP set of spiritual and deep jazz, including previously unreleased music by Worlds Experience Orchestra.
• German Oak – Rare Krautrock, the most mysterious in the genre, including previously unreleased music.
• Split Decision Band – 1/LP and 7-inch single. Previously unreleased disco boogie album from Des Moines, Iowa.
• Rob Thomsett– Australian guitarist/visionary Rob Thomsett’s collected works, combined into one package. Originally privately pressed in Canberra, 1975 and ’76, rarely heard examples of the best in progressive jazz/rock.
• The Mark III – 1976 Late-era funk concept album by vocalist backed by a trio of Las Vegas high school kids, produced by Cholly Williams, embellished by session musicians in Hollywood.
• World’s Experience Orchestra – 2/LP set of the group’s 1975 and 1980 albums.
• Paternoster – 1972 This is the band sanctioned, official reissue of an Austrian prog-psych masterpiece, its story told for the first time.
DETAILS FOR EACH RELEASE Updated Jan. 2017
• Each release comes with an exclusive 7” or 12” of music only issued on vinyl to Now-Again Reserve subscribers.
• Download card for WAV files of the album and bonus tracks.
• Each LP contains oversized booklet with extensive liner notes detailing the history of the album and rare photos.
• Remastered by Elysian Masters head engineer Dave Cooley in Los Angeles and Jason Bitner in Boston; lacquered by Electric Mastering in London; pressed by Independent Record Pressing in Bordentown, New Jersey.
• Vinyl gatefold jackets made in North America; CDs made in North America as 4 and 6-panel eco-wallets.
• Each of these albums are produced with the direct participation of their creators, all of whom saw their original albums’ releases disappear into the ether.
SHIPPING: We offer USPS Priority shipping in the USA and First Class USPS International elsewhere. Approximate weight per release is 3 lb (1.36 kg). Exact shipping cost is calculated at checkout. To change shipping info please contact email@example.com
BILLING: $50 / quarter plus shipping. “Catch Me Up” subscribers are billed the full price of the entire subscription at first and then $50 / quarter. You’re billed at sign up for your first release and will be billed for subsequent releases at the start of each calendar quarter, with shipment occurring at the end of that calendar quarter. Please note we do NOT accept American Express. To change billing info please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCEL AT ANY TIME: While your purchase commits you to the first release, you can cancel at any time. Provided you’ve cancelled before the billing date for the subsequent release, you will not be obligated to purchase that album. To cancel, e-mail email@example.com
QUESTIONS: Feel free to ask firstname.lastname@example.org