We have vinyl for The Diary of J Dilla, coming April 16. The single LP set contains a 16-page booklet with introduction by Eothen Alapatt and liner notes by Ronnie Reese detailing the story of the album. Ronnie Reese previously wrote the liner notes for J Dilla’s Ruff Draft, a production which took place immediately following The Diary. The producers on the album are listed below.
Tracks 2, 6, 9, 13 are produced by J Dilla.
1. The Introduction, prod. by HOUSE SHOES with additional production by J Dilla
2. The Anthem feat. Frank & Dank
3. Fight Club feat. Nottz & Boogie, prod. by WAAJEED
4. The Shining Pt. 1 (Diamonds) feat. Kenny Wray, prod. by NOTTZ
5. The Shining Pt. 2 (Ice), prod. by MADLIB
7. Gangsta Boogie feat. Snoop Dogg & Kokane, prod. by HI-TEK
8. Drive Me Wild, prod. by KARRIEM RIGGINS with live performance by Questlove, Lee Johnson, James Poyser, Pino Palidino
9. Give Them What They Want
10. The Creep (The O), prod. by HI-TEK
11. The Ex feat. Bilal, prod. by PETE ROCK
12. So Far, prod. by SUPA DAVE WEST
13. Fuck The Police
14. The Diary, prod. by BINK!
All tracks recorded September 2001 – April 2002 at The Spaceship, Clinton Township, MI and Studio A, Detroit.