Now-Again is reissuing the 1975 and 1980 albums by World’s Experience Orchestra this summer as one specially packaged 2/LP set, the second release in Now-Again Reserve, a deluxe vinyl subscription.
The essence of Underground, Spiritual Jazz, figuratively and literally: their first album was recorded in a Boston church’s basement. Both World’s Experience Orchestra albums were committed to vinyl by a visionary, bassist/composer/arranger John Jamyll Jones. He’s a magical type, who communicates with his instrument, his ensembles, and jazz’s ancient lineage in a manner so profound that his late-‘70s album are out of time with jazz’s trajectory, but timeless when presented today.
• Packaged in a hand-made, extra-thick “tip on” gate fold jacket, with obi strip and resealable polybag
• Download card for WAV files of the album
• Includes a 2 CD version of the album, packaged as a “mini-LP” inside a cardboard O-card encasing a perfect-bound booklet.
• Booklet with extensive liner notes detailing the history of the album
• Remastered by Elysian Masters head engineer Dave Cooley in Los Angeles, delicately lacquered by Electric Mastering in London and perfectly pressed by Quality Record Productions in Salina, Kansas.
• Includes a hand done silk-screened album insert by Hit & Run.
• Produced with the direct participation of their creators.
Photos: bassist John Jones, drummer Chauncy Hutcherson