Now-Again Reserve: a deluxe vinyl subscription.
Custom-made LPs delivered once per quarter, presenting some of the rarest records in their respective genres in highest quality LP format. Each release is produced with the direct participation of the artist.
Subscribe now to begin with the next upcoming release. Catch me up to subscribe and include previous releases.
In response to subscriber comments, Now-Again has made some changes to the Now-Again Reserve subscription: Lower price ($50/quarter); more exclusive music on vinyl; gatefold jackets made in N. America on standard cardstock; vinyl manufacturing will now take place at both Quality and United Record Pressing. The wooden case is discontinued. See full specs below.
Current release: Key & Cleary’s Love Is The Way
In the early ’70s, Jessie Key and Sylvester Cleary – two passionate idealists living in Buffalo, New York – formed a close friendship based on a mutual mission to better their city. Key was once a cotton-laborer in Mississippi, who journeyed north for school where he met his kindred spirit, Cleary. The two struck up an intense friendship, bought a drum machine and recorded their first 45, “A Man,” a paean to self-actualization and Black American empowerment, which they custom pressed and issued privately.
Dozens of recordings followed over a decade long span, issued on local labels and warehoused on cassette tapes. Eventually they started their own label, Buffalo’s Reflection. On it they released their masterpiece, “What It Takes To Live,” a sought-after disco and Northern Soul classic, which previously appeared on Now-Again’s Soul Cal anthology.
This album collates the breadth of Key & Cleary’s recordings from 1972 until the mid 1980s, both the songs issued on rare 7” singles and previously unreleased. It presents a conjoined musical vision and tells the story of a duo years ahead of their time, both musically and culturally. Love Is The Way was their ethos – their goal was to enlighten humanity and to bend history in a more loving direction through communion.
Bonus 2nd LP – available only to subscribers – contains alternate takes, demo versions and myriad other songs and manifestos recorded by the duo. Extensive, photo-filled booklet documents the history of the band, their mission, and their arc. Download card included, for WAV files, including bonus tracks not available on vinyl.
CATCH ME UP:
• Paternoster – Die Ersten Tage 2/LP. The OST to Herbert Holba’s 1971 hippie sci-fi film Die ersten Tage (The First Days). Transferred directly from master tapes, never before released in any form.
• Mike Nyoni & Born Free 2/LP. Anthology of Zamrock musician Mike Nyoni’s 1970s recordings, with bonus LP.
• Hunger 2/LP. Late ‘60s West Coast psych–rock, including the user-rare test press version of this sought after album.
• Michael Cosmic & Phill Musra Group – 3/LP set of spiritual and deep jazz, including previously unreleased music by Worlds Experience Orchestra.
• German Oak – 3/LP. Rare Krautrock, the most mysterious in the genre, including previously unreleased music.
• Split Decision Band – 1/LP and 7-inch single. Previously unreleased disco boogie album from Des Moines, Iowa.
• Rob Thomsett– 2/LP. Australian guitarist/visionary Rob Thomsett’s collected works, combined into one package. Originally privately pressed in Canberra, 1975 and ’76, rarely heard examples of the best in progressive jazz/rock.
• The Mark III – 1/LP, 1976. Late-era funk concept album by vocalist backed by a trio of Las Vegas high school kids, produced by Cholly Williams, embellished by session musicians in Hollywood.
• World’s Experience Orchestra – 2/LP set of the group’s 1975 and 1980 albums.
• Paternoster – 1/LP, 1972. This is the band sanctioned, official reissue of an Austrian prog-psych masterpiece, its story told for the first time.
DETAILS FOR EACH RELEASE Updated Jan. 2017
• Each release comes with an exclusive 7” or 12” of music only issued to Now-Again Reserve subscribers
• Download card for WAV files of the album
• Booklet with extensive liner notes detailing the history of the album.
• Remastered by Elysian Masters head engineer Dave Cooley in Los Angeles, delicately lacquered by Electric Mastering in London and perfectly pressed by Independent Record Pressing in Bordentown, New Jersey.
• Vinyl gatefold jackets made in North America; CDs made in North America as 6-panel eco-wallets.
• Each of these albums are produced with the direct participation of their creators, all of whom saw their original albums’ releases disappear into the ether.
SHIPPING: We offer USPS Priority shipping in the USA and First Class USPS International elsewhere. Approximate weight per release is 3 lb (1.36 kg). Exact shipping cost is calculated at checkout. To change shipping info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BILLING: $50 / quarter plus shipping. “Catch Me Up” subscribers are billed $320 at first and then $50 / quarter. You’re billed at sign up for your first release and will be billed for subsequent releases at the start of each calendar quarter, with shipment occurring at the end of that calendar quarter. Please note we do NOT accept American Express. To change billing info please email email@example.com
CANCEL AT ANY TIME: While your purchase commits you to the first release, you can cancel at any time. Provided you’ve cancelled before the billing date for the subsequent release, you will not be obligated to purchase that album. To cancel, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS: Feel free to ask email@example.com