Now-Again Reserve: a deluxe vinyl subscription.
Custom-made LPs delivered once per quarter, presenting some of the rarest records in their respective genres in highest quality LP format. Each release is produced with the direct participation of the artist.
Subscribe now to begin with the next upcoming release. Catch me up to subscribe and include previous releases.
In response to subscriber comments, Now-Again has made some changes to the Now-Again Reserve subscription: Lower price ($50/quarter); more exclusive music on vinyl; gatefold jackets made in N. America on standard cardstock; vinyl manufacturing will now take place at both Quality and United Record Pressing. The wooden case is discontinued. See full specs below.
Current release: Hunger! Strictly From Hunger. 2/LP, shipping mid-January 2018.
Hunger arrived in L.A. from Portland in late 1967 as the Outcasts, a teenage cover band, but within a six months they had found a connected manager, played all over Los Angeles, embraced psychedelia and signed on to record an album of original music for the label their manager founded for them: Public! Records. They showed tremendous promise – and their producers invested heavily into a band that was going to be the next marquee act at the Whiskey A Go-Go, bringing in members of Strawberry Alarm Clock, including future Lynrd Skynrd star Ed King. But Hunger broke up before their album’s release and their entry in rock’s canon was shadowed for years.
This is the definitive Reserve Edition reissue of a late ‘60s psych–rock classic, overseen by Hunger’s band members: the band’s preferred, unedited, fuzz-guitar heavy version of the album, restored and remastered from a rare test press. This is the first time that band’s vision for the album has been issued in full on vinyl. Contains an extensive booklet by Jim Cherry, Eothen Alapatt and Clark Faville that corrects many factual inaccuracies told over the record’s celebrated past three decades as one of rock’s holy grails. The booklet is filled with never-published photos from lead guitarist John Morton’s archive. Subscribers receive a bonus 2nd LP of the Public! Records version of the album, and a download card for bonus 7″ tracks.
CATCH ME UP:
• Michael Cosmic & Phill Musra Group – 3/LP.
• German Oak – 3/LP. Rare Krautrock.
• Split Decision Band – 1/LP and 7-inch single. Previously unreleased disco boogie from Des Moines, Iowa
• Rob Thomsett – Yarandoo & Hara – 2/LP. Australian guitarist/visionary Rob Thomsett’s collected works, combined into one package. Originally privately pressed in Canberra, 1975 and ’76, rarely heard examples of the best in progressive jazz/rock.
• The Mark III – Marvin Whoremonger – 1/LP, 1976. Late-era funk concept album by vocalist backed by a trio of Las Vegas high school kids, produced by Cholly Williams, embellished by session musicians in Hollywood.
• World’s Experience Orchestra – The Beginning Of A New Birth & As Time Flows On – 2/LP set of the group’s 1975 and 1980 albums.
• Paternoster – 1/LP, 1972. This is an official reissue of an Austrian prog-psych masterpiece.
DETAILS FOR EACH RELEASE Updated Jan. 2017
• Each release comes with an exclusive 7” or 12” of music only issued to Now-Again Reserve subscribers
• Download card for WAV files of the album
• Booklet with extensive liner notes detailing the history of the album.
• Remastered by Elysian Masters head engineer Dave Cooley in Los Angeles, delicately lacquered by Electric Mastering in London and perfectly pressed by Independent Record Pressing in Bordentown, New Jersey.
• Vinyl gatefold jackets made in North America; CDs made in North America as 6-panel eco-wallets.
• Each of these albums are produced with the direct participation of their creators, all of whom saw their original albums’ releases disappear into the ether.
SHIPPING: We offer USPS Priority shipping in the USA and First Class USPS International elsewhere. Approximate weight per release is 3 lb (1.36 kg). Exact shipping cost is calculated at checkout.
BILLING: $50 / quarter plus shipping. “Catch Me Up” subscribers are billed $320 at first and then $50 / quarter. You’re billed at sign up for your first release and will be billed for subsequent releases at the start of each calendar quarter, with shipment occurring at the end of that calendar quarter. Please note we do NOT accept American Express.
CANCEL AT ANY TIME: While your purchase commits you to the first release, you can cancel at any time. Provided you’ve cancelled before the billing date for the subsequent release, you will not be obligated to purchase that album.
QUESTIONS: Feel free to ask firstname.lastname@example.org