Now-Again Reserve: a deluxe vinyl subscription.
Custom-made LPs delivered once per quarter, presenting some of the rarest records in their respective genres in highest quality LP format. Each release is produced with the direct participation of the artist.
Subscribe now to begin with the next upcoming release. Catch me up to subscribe and include previous releases.
In response to subscriber comments, Now-Again has made some changes to the Now-Again Reserve subscription: Lower price ($50/quarter); more exclusive music on vinyl; gatefold jackets made in N. America on standard cardstock; vinyl manufacturing will now take place at both Quality and United Record Pressing. The wooden case is discontinued. See full specs below.
Current release: anthology of Zamrock musician Mike Nyoni’s 1970s recordings, with bonus LP, Shipping April 18th 2018.
Zambian guitarist and singer/songwriter Mike Nyoni’s music is Zamrock only because he came of age during the country’s rock revolution. His preferred wah-wah to fuzz guitar, James Brown to Jimi Hendrix. His 70s recordings – often politically charged, and ranging from despondent to exuberant – are amongst the funkiest on the African continent. He was also one of the only Zamrock musicians to see his music contemporaneously issued in Europe.
This anthology collates works from his three 70s LPs – his first, with the Born Free band, and his two solo albums Kawalala and I Can’t Understand You – and presents a singular Zambian musician on par with celebrated artists Rikki Ililonga, Keith Mlevhu and Paul Ngozi.
Bonus 2nd LP – available only to subscribers – contains the genesis of the Kalindula music Nyoni would create in the 80s. Extensive, photo-filled booklet contains an overview of the Zamrock scene and Nyoni’s story. Download card for WAV files, with bonus tracks.
CATCH ME UP:
• Hunger 2/LP. Late ‘60s West Coast psych–rock, including the user-rare test press version of this sought after album.
• Michael Cosmic & Phill Musra Group – 3/LP set of spiritual and deep jazz, including previously unreleased music by Worlds Experience Orchestra.
• German Oak – 3/LP. Rare Krautrock, the most mysterious in the genre, including previously unreleased music.
• Split Decision Band – 1/LP and 7-inch single. Previously unreleased disco boogie album from Des Moines, Iowa.
• Rob Thomsett – Yarandoo & Hara – 2/LP. Australian guitarist/visionary Rob Thomsett’s collected works, combined into one package. Originally privately pressed in Canberra, 1975 and ’76, rarely heard examples of the best in progressive jazz/rock.
• The Mark III – Marvin Whoremonger – 1/LP, 1976. Late-era funk concept album by vocalist backed by a trio of Las Vegas high school kids, produced by Cholly Williams, embellished by session musicians in Hollywood.
• World’s Experience Orchestra – The Beginning Of A New Birth & As Time Flows On – 2/LP set of the group’s 1975 and 1980 albums.
• Paternoster – 1/LP, 1972. This is the band sanctioned, official reissue of an Austrian prog-psych masterpiece, its story told for the first time.
DETAILS FOR EACH RELEASE Updated Jan. 2017
• Each release comes with an exclusive 7” or 12” of music only issued to Now-Again Reserve subscribers
• Download card for WAV files of the album
• Booklet with extensive liner notes detailing the history of the album.
• Remastered by Elysian Masters head engineer Dave Cooley in Los Angeles, delicately lacquered by Electric Mastering in London and perfectly pressed by Independent Record Pressing in Bordentown, New Jersey.
• Vinyl gatefold jackets made in North America; CDs made in North America as 6-panel eco-wallets.
• Each of these albums are produced with the direct participation of their creators, all of whom saw their original albums’ releases disappear into the ether.
SHIPPING: We offer USPS Priority shipping in the USA and First Class USPS International elsewhere. Approximate weight per release is 3 lb (1.36 kg). Exact shipping cost is calculated at checkout.
BILLING: $50 / quarter plus shipping. “Catch Me Up” subscribers are billed $320 at first and then $50 / quarter. You’re billed at sign up for your first release and will be billed for subsequent releases at the start of each calendar quarter, with shipment occurring at the end of that calendar quarter. Please note we do NOT accept American Express.
CANCEL AT ANY TIME: While your purchase commits you to the first release, you can cancel at any time. Provided you’ve cancelled before the billing date for the subsequent release, you will not be obligated to purchase that album. To cancel, e-mail email@example.com
QUESTIONS: Feel free to ask firstname.lastname@example.org